"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Friday, August 7, 2009

He's gotta start sooner or later....right?

Well today marks the beginning of a new journey that we will be a part of for the next fourteen years!!


We attended Open House at Case's school today....it is hard to believe that in less than 72 hours our little boy is heading off to K4. I have posted in times past about how fast time has flown by since we brought Case home from the hospital. I always say he just can't be doing that already because it seems like just yesterday he started crawling, then walking, and talking and doing all the fun stuff toddlers do!!
But today was a bittersweet moment for me....I know in my heart it is time for him to spread his wings and grow, he needs the interaction with other children his age, he definitely craves the learning and is soaking every bit of information up like a sponge. It will be a great experience for him...he will grow so much this year!! But then the other part of me is just is not ready to let him go...he is only four, he is our world, he is my one and only child right now!! This experience is hard on my heart...I am so much more sentimental and emotional about him starting school than I thought I would be. It will be a major adjustment for me, I am used to him being home with me during the week. We have spent the last four years together learning each other, learning new things, exploring the world together....and now he will spend the majority of his time at school in the care of someone else. Don't get me wrong, I know that he will be fine and that his K4 teacher, Mrs. Glenda will take wonderful care of him, teach him new things, and love him like her own...but it is just going to take a little time for me to get adjusted to the idea of my BABY BOY being old enough to go to school.
People have told me that when your child starts school, life starts flying by even FASTER....I'm not sure I am ready for that mode just yet....but one thing I know for sure, Case is ready for school and super excited about it!! He really had a great time today, he was not shy and really seemed to enjoy finding his desk and where his nap sack went. When he found his desk, which is front and center by the way, he tried to get in on the wrong side. Once he figured out that he had to enter it from the left side he sat down and said " I think my desk fits me just right!!" I couldn't help but chuckle...he is something else!! We saw where he will sit during meal time. Trace sat in his chair and Case told him " Dad, when you get little like me, you can sit in my chair, but until then you need to get up, you might break it!!" Again we laughed, he really comes up with some funny sayings. Trace and I are both hoping we don't have the class clown on our hands...he loves to joke around, guess he has picked that up from us!! :)
I took a picture as we left the house today, he carried his "nap pack" as he calls it to school, while I carried his supplies in a bag, I was hoping that I wouldn't need to open his Kleenex before we got to school. I did alot better than I expected. Case doesn't want me to cry. He has told me " Mom, please don't cry I am gonna be a big boy and make new friends and learn to color in the lines!" I tried hard today, I only got a little teary eyed. I think Trace being there helped a bunch. But, I am not making any promises for Monday....especially as we drive away and leave him there!!! Here are a couple shots I took today....isn't he just the cutest thing EVER!!!

No comments: